Prices in Canadian Dollars. Prefer to call and speak to a floral agent? 1-877-277-4787
CUSHION POMPON – flower is of medium length petals without the button in the center. These decorative types have rather flat flower heads, with ray florets completely covering the disk.
Pompons are spray chrysanthemums that have been created by pinching the center bud of the chrysanthemum plant.
Flower size varies from less than .5″ to 2.5″ in diameter. Among the most common are daisies (or singles), with their rings of petals (ray florets) around centers (disks) that are usually yellow and sometimes green.
The average vase life of the pompon is an exceptionally long, 14-20 days.
Available: Year-round from Central and South America
Care & Handling:
- Strip lower 1/3 of foliage.
- Cut 1″ – 2″ off of the ends and place in 6″ – 8″ of fresh preservative solution, made with cool water.
- Place buckets in cooler for 4-6 hours before using for single stems sales, bouquets or arrangements.
- Chrysanthemums are prone to stem blockage so re-cut stems and change preservative solution every 2-3 days.
- Pompons are the staples of floral design and can be used as focal,feature or filler flowers in arrangements.
- Pompons’ wide assortment of color makes them suitable in both every day and holiday occasions year-round.
- Use in hand-tied bouquets to add volume, color and texture. Small-headed blooms are excellent for drying.