Prices in Canadian Dollars. Prefer to call and speak to a floral agent? 1-877-277-4787
Button Pompon – Holland/Dutch type novelty pompon – is composed of only disk petals and is also called “Dots”. The size of the flower head is about half of the size of a Cushion about 2.5 cm in diameter. Chrysanthemum sp. is the genus (scientific name) of all pompons, mums, and disbuds.
Some commonly used terms are defined as follows:
- POMPON – spray type of chrysanthemum; each stem has several flowers.
- CUSHION POMPON – flower is of medium length petals without button in the centre.
- DAISY POMPON – flower with button in the centre.
- NOVELTY POMPON – any chrysanthemum besides white, yellow, pink, and bronze cushions, any novelty colours. All novelty shapes.
- SPIDER POMPON: flower with very long outer petals without button in the centre.
- DISBUD (one single large flower per stem produced by removing all side buds when plant was young):
- FUJI – synonym of spider, except it is not a spray flower.
- MUM – flower with very soft and long petals; no button in the centre of flower head. Flower is very soft and cushiony on touch. Commonly produced as a disbud; sometimes referred to as football mum